Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wannabe Blizzard Beef Back Ribs

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
So I had this grand plan of egging in at least a foot of snow, but woke up this morning to not much of anything. I swept the small amount of white powder off the deck with a broom, didn't even need to shovel.

I prepped the ribs with a little Worcestershire & Dizzy Pig Cow Lick, back in the fridge, and got the small started and stable before work.

Since I was going to be tied up on phone calls I setup the PartyQ and set it to 225*. In between calls I put the ribs on around 10:30.

I let them ride until a bit before 4. I didn't like lack of pull back, so I foiled them with some honey and back on meat side down. Around 5:15 I got them out of the foil and back on to firm up a bit. Pulled them off around 5:45.

Turned out really good. If I had a choice I probably would have ran at 250* and gone a bit less time. However my schedule today had input from others...

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments