Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Snowy Loins

saluki2007
saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
edited January 2015 in EggHead Forum
Fresh Market had a sale a few weeks back on most of their pork products so I picked up some ribs and pork loins.  Sunday I decided to do the loins, but we got busy and didn't get time to cook them, so I did them last night.  I had two loins, so I decided I would do them two different ways.  The first one was a basic salt and brown sugar brine.  It was in the brine for about 28 hours.  Too long in my opinion as it was a bit too salty.  After I pulled from the brine I washed it off and added Mickeys coffee rub.

The second loin was marinaded with a home made bourbon marinade.  I used worcestershire, brown sugar, pork rub, apple cider vinegar, and buffalo trace bourbon.  I did not put a rub on this one once I pulled from the marinade.

I threw the loins back in the fridge uncovered as I went out to get the Egg up and going.  375 raised indirect.  While I was waiting for the Egg to stabalize I poured myself a glass of Elmer T Lee single barrel.

While the loins were cooking a chopped up some bacon to start frying in the cast iron on the stove.  Too cold to stand outside and do this on the egg.

MMMMM.....BACON!!

While that was cooking I chopped up some new red potatoes, brussell sprouts and white button mushrooms.  Added those to the pan with some garlic to get all happy together.

Bout this time the loins had reached an IT of 130.  Pulled them off and tented them.  Pulled the plate setter and lowered my grid to fire ring level.  Cranked the Egg up to 600.  About 4 min later they were ready to pull.  Let the pictures to the rest of the talking.

imageimageimageimageimage
Large and Small BGE
Central, IL

Comments