Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another night of firsts- Chicken bombs and spaghetti squash

Options
I had a slow day at work today, first in quite awhile, so I used my time the best way I could… surfing egghead of course!  Somehow I've never before seen a chicken bomb, but once I did I new I had to try them so I rushed home and gave it a go.

The spaghetti squash was scored, seasoned with EVOO, lemon pepper and cayenne.  Cooked at ~400*, raised direct for just over one hour, the first 20 minutes with the cavity down.

The chicken was pretty standard issue.  Pounded out the breasts, seasoned with a rub of some sort, filled with a jalapeño stuffed with spiced havarti, and wrapped in bacon.  Cooked about 40 minutes.

Both were awesome, and will be done again.  

Any suggestions for an ULTRA mild pepper?  I'd like to make these for some other people who don't like anything hot, my Mom especially, she's a big wuss and can barely take any pepper!?

A few pics, mmmm.

Lethbridge, Alberta         LBGE & MM

Comments

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Ooohwee, that does look hot, guilty of being a semi-wuss, can only handle jalapenos in small doses, cooked down I bet that tasted fantastic. Great job, looks delicious.
    :-bd
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Looks great. The smaller sweet peppers are about the size of small jalapeños. they are normally yellow, orange or red.
    Could also slice up bell peppers and wrap them around the cheese and then wrap with chicken.
    Poblano peppers or hatch when in season also nice. Seeding them real well and even rousting them first will also tame them down a bit.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    A poblano or an anaheim pepper might work.  Check out this website: http://www.pepperscale.com/
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    Cubanellas, they are also called Italian Peppers work real well. Real mild, light green in color and usually about the size of a poblano. I use them in cooking all the time.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    They look great.  +1 on the mini sweet peppers:
    I usually use some of these when doing ABTs and anyone can eat them. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MediumRarely
    Options
    If you have access, try a green Fresno pepper.  If not then go with a Poblano or Anaheim.  Tasty and mild!!!

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• MediumRarely
    Options
    On second thought, I think subbing a Papadew into the middle might make for an interesting combination as well.

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• noregard
    noregard Posts: 306
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions.  I'm lucky in that my wife likes things spicy as well, so it's only when cooking for company that I have to worry about taming it down.  I know there are lots on here who have to do a lot of things twice - one for them and a mild for the Mrs.
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    Squash looks nice. I love the sketty squash.
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    A poblano or an anaheim pepper might work.  Check out this website: http://www.pepperscale.com/
    Gotta agree with @saluki2007 both have great flavor otherwise you're basically going to be dealing with bells.  Need to roast them first and peel

Not sure what's available in Alberta
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • noregard
    noregard Posts: 306
    Options

Not sure what's available in Alberta
    Very little usually. boooo
  • AUCE
    AUCE Posts: 890
    Options

I'm gonna stuff some of these

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    AUCE said:

I'm gonna stuff some of these
    Where?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN