Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two egg cook!

Don't fire up both eggs very often, but it worked out nicely tonight for pizza and wings on the large/small just in time for the OKC Thunder game.

Dusted some wings with salt and pepper and put on the large at 400 indirect. After the wings were on I started the small and got it set up for pizza with the vents wide open, platesetter legs down, planter feet for an air gap, and pizza stone.

Went inside and made a sweet-heat sriracha sauce that we really liked:

It was roughly 3 Tbsp sriracha, 1/2 cup apricot preserves, 1 Tbsp honey, 1 Tbsp brown sugar and 1 Tbsp butter (heat to combine).

I used the olive oil Artisan bread in 5 recipe for the pizza dough as I had it on hand from a few days ago. This is my first time with this dough recipe (or any pizza dough that uses olive oil or sugar) and I'm on the fence with it. I found it sort of dry and hard to work with even after a few days in the fridge. I used volume measurements, so maybe I used too much flour.

No egg pics tonight, just one shot right after everything came off the Eggs.

Thanks for looking!
- Proud owner of a Large BGE
- Norman, OK

Comments