Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket!

Options
I finally decided to scratch my brisket itch this weekend and attempted for the first time.  Scooped a 6 pound flat from Publix, which is more than enough meat for just my wife and I.  My cook temp fluctuated between 250 and 275... I wanted to dial in around 225, but after the egg settled in a little higher I decided to just roll with it.  I had heard everything from 1 hour and 15 minutes to 2 hours per pound, so I planned on 2 hours per and set aside 12 hours for cooking time.  Got the meat on at 6:45am, and the brisket hit 190 by 12 PM.  (side note: what is everyone's take on the best pull temp?  again, I saw varying opinions). I let the brisket get to 200 internal, then foiled/coolered for an hour.  I really loved the flavor, the middle was nice and moist and despite the lack of a ring, the smoke flavor was solid.  Looking forward to some brisket chili tonight with the leftovers!!

Comments