Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help with the brisket!!

Options
bvdw
bvdw Posts: 37
Green Egg owner for 4 years... I have cooked everything except a brisket.. Plan is to cook a 20 lbs for the Super Bowl. I usually do boston butt or ribs and I have that down to a science.  

Any suggestions? Temp? Hours? Internal Temp?

What works for you???

Thanks

Comments

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I cook mine between 225 and 250 till I hit 203 Internal then wrap and pack in a cooler for three hours on top of a pillow and topped with bath towels. Usually 1.5 hours per pound but I try to pad my cooks by 2 hours or so in case of stalls. I inject an hour before the cook. Oh and I smoke with mesquite only.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    If you don't have a pit controller, I'd suggest you go 275 ish dome as it's easier for me to maintain overnight. Start probing at 190 ish IT in the thickest part of the flat. When that probes like buttah, youre done. Ideally, a little rest, but not mandatory. Time: plan on 1.5/# at least and start early is better than late. Don't ask how I know...
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    edited January 2015
    Options
    This was the one I did new years day. And here is my injection recipe for what it's worth.
    1 knoors beef bouillon cube,
    2 cups water + 1/4 cup at the end,
    1 tbls onion powder,
    1/2 tbls garlic powder,
    1/4 teaspoon white pepper,
    1 tbls Worcester sauce
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie