Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - SV Chicken Caprese

Options

The inmates made me do it. Cen-Tex's recent thread about his sub-15min dinner, and with @henapple putting balsamic on everything and his Cheerios now, I felt inspired.

Picked up some chix breasts to SV and then scrounged around the refrigerator for other ingredients. Came up with spinach and mushrooms that needed to be finished, bufala mozz from Costco that also needed to be consumed, and some leftover sauce from when I made veg lasagna in the big clock last week. Chix breasts went in the SVS, 140°F x 2 hours. Wilted the spinach with mushrooms, garlic, salt, pepper. Fished the chicken out, dusted with some Emeril's rub that caliprince pulled out of the pantry, and seared on the stove. Layered the spinach shroom mix on the chicken, sauce, mozz, and finished with balsamic vinegar. Under the broiler for 2 mins. The pic doesn't do it justice.

I'm counting this as a hit. Chicken was super juicy, and the flavors hit all the right notes. We often make caprese salad at home with the bufala mozz, and so this was sort of a riff on that. The sauce/juice in the pan was very tasty as well ( I licked mine clean), and it practically made itself. Will definitely make this again.

Thanks for looking!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments