Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffing Stuffed Pork Chops!

Options
A friend recently told me about a meal he had which was chicken breast stuffed with stuffing.  I had some fairly thick pork chops lined up for some grilling, and decided to have a little fun.  This one is unbelievably simple, and they turned out great so wanted to share!

Ingredients:

1.  Pork Chops about 1" thick or more.
2.  Your favorite stuffing (we used a recipe my wife/mother-in-law make that we like) - maybe 1/2-1cup per chop.
3.  Rub of your choice.

Process:

1. Lit grill (I use the Spider and Adjustable Rig from CeramicGrillWorks.com) and prepared it for 350-375 indirect.
2. Cut a slit in each Pork Chop, and pack it full of stuffing.  I didn't bother tying or toothpick'ing, but you certainly can.
3. I rubbed each chop with some olive oil and then coated generously with some rub (I used Dizzy Dust tonight).
4. Once I had the thermo reading 350-375 with the AR in place (so 350-375 indirect), I lifted the AR out and seared (1-1.5 minutes per side) each chop on the Spider w/ Cast Iron grate.
5.  I moved them over to the AR setup with Indirect, and let them cook until the chops (be sure your thermo is in the pork and not the stuffing) hit 150.
6.  I took them off, let them rest 5-10 minutes, then good to go!

I made a little white wine gravy as well, and I hope you all give them a try and enjoy them as much as the family did tonight!

Comments