Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No whole Turkey Breasts to be found, WTF!

So, I have been searching around here for a week now trying to find whole Turkey breast to smoke for some more deli meat, used to be able to buy at Costco. No such luck, I have called at least 10 places by now. I think I give up. I know no one else lives around here, but any other sugestions besides buying a whole fricken turkey, or filets. Used to be so easy.

imageimage
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Comments

• I can't find boneless turkey breasts so I buy them bone in and just debone and tie them myself. It isn't that hard, and after you've done a few it gets real quick. I've always had good luck finding them at Target...not sure they are in Alberta though.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

I've always had good luck finding them at Target...not sure they are in Alberta though.

Nah-- All of the Targets in Canada are closing. Dont think he will be buying them there.

@AlbertaEgger‌ I have a hard time finder them too. You have a slicer for your deli meat?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    @Chubbs‌ yes I have a slicer. Not to happy with it. Hate the slide. And would like something bigger. We do all our own bacon. Jerky. And deli when we can. So it is used. But it's small.
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    If you have Aldi's, I have had good luck with what they sell.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • My IGA butcher brought us in a case, other than that, we could not find any local. Did 4 this weekend, no pics after shaving them for deli meat. Just after we injected and rubbed, they then sat in fridge for night till they hit the egg the following day. Turned out really good. imageimage