Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket prices go up.

Options
I woke up at 4am out of nowhere .not something I usually do. Read this and realized that this is the disturbance in the force that woke me up.
http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/texas-news/2015/01/22/rising-cost-of-brisket-threatens-price-of-texas-staple/22182071/

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Nooooo!
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    @anton - interesting, I graduated from Mt Eden in '76.  It looked more like a prison when I visited in mid-90's
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    True true @onedbguru, probably still does, Hayward is by no means an "upscale" community, it is however starting to gentrify, which I am enjoying. I call it my ghetto paradise, I have found my little slice of heaven with good neighbors and decent people. I feel lucky.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • TN_Sister_State
    Options
    I would kill to pay under 5 bucks a pound for brisket. Guess living in TN has its downfalls for a brisket lover. I buy whole packers for 5.49/lb. Best price Ive found in town so far but Restaurant Depot may change that. Now about that KCBS membership....... 
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I didn't read the article but I just picked up at 15# prime packer for $4.39 per lb. When I smoked my first brisket, it was $2.69 and I thought that was expensive. Now I'm really scared to F one up at the cost of the meat. Damn Arby's and Perkins and all those joints and their "famous" BBQ!
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!