Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Nice Surprise On A Cold Rainy Day

Options
We just received a cold rainy day surprise...

The mail man (yes the same mail man who traipses through "... snow, rain, heat and gloom of night...)" just deposited a box at our door.

We quickly noticed 'Underwood' on the return address and opened it to find these jewels and a card from our Egghead Friends, Kelley "EggObsessed" and Bruce "No Joke Smoke" Underwood.

imageIMG_3451 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

A minute later we had both jars open and sprinkling some in our hands. (Lick Lick) WOW! Both quickly grab our attention and we immediately wanted more.

So with nothing else handy, I threw a slice of smoked sandwich ham in a skillet and heated it briefly and cut it into quarters. Then we put some of each rub on the ham.

Yes, it was good, and will be even better when we figure out what to cook with it. Judy wants chicken and I'm thinking pork chops. We have neither but they will be added to the shopping list.

Kelley and Bruce describe the rubs better than I can so I'm including the link to their site: http://itsmyrub.com/

Thanks Kelley and Bruce. No wonder you guys are great cooks.

Spring "Been Hit By The WOW Factor" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• NoJokeSmoke
    Options
    Thanks Leroy,  Enjoy!  We put it on everything, of course!  Kelely cooked up some redbeans and rice last night. They were great with some Power Blend int it...Wow!
  • Spring Chicken
    Options

Judy made a pot of gumbo today and we were eating it when the package was delivered.  The gumbo was already good, in fact really good, but it needed something with a little kick.  So Judy put about a teaspoon of the All Purpose in it.  We are patiently waiting for the flavors to merge properly, but we tried some and it definitely added a distintively flavor to the gumbo.

Thanks for letting us try it.

Spring "Test Dummy For It's My Rub Kitchen" Chicken

• EggObsessed
    Options
    @Spring_Chicken:  We are honored to have you as a "test dummy"!  Too funny!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.