Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wokking Wednesday - Spicy Thai Chicken and Pineapple

Mattman3969
Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
edited January 2015 in EggHead Forum
The wok really makes it easy for quick weeknight cooks. Anyway here we go. Dusted the chicken in corn starch and fish sauce. Chopped all the veggies and got the rice going while the egg was warming up.

Woks hot so in goes the red pepper flakes and chicken image
Removed the chicken and then sautéed the garlic and ginger for a bit and added the tri color mix of peppers and pineapples image
Once they were crispy done I added the chicken and a sweet and sour sauce that I added some Sriracha sauce to image
And plated up with some rice image

The flavor in this were unreal and will definitely be doin this again.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    After looking at that beauty. ..its off to get a wok.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I have made quite a lot of meals in the wok. What's more impressive than the beautiful cook is how you have time to take pics while wokking. When I do it I am moving 100mph trying not to burn food and my arms. Nicely done and clearly I need to work on my skills
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    That looks spectacular! Closer and closer to thinning my wallet!
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    That looks spectacular! Closer and closer to thinning my wallet!

Have no fear @theyolksonyou‌ wok is cheap. Add spider and utensils then .....$
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Sweet! I'll take all of the wok posts I can get. I'm impressed you were able to take pictures. Im with Chubbs, I can barely keep up with everything as it is. If I stopped to take pictures I'd trash the food.

I've done three wok cooks so far and I'm progressively getting better. I tried beef and broccoli this weekend, but used a recipe that didn't suit a carbon steel wok very well. It called for beef slices to be dipped in a mixture of water and corn starch. It looked like gravy at first,but when it hit the hot wok it turned into black concrete. What a mess. Your dusting of corn starch looks like it fared way better.

I'll definitely bookmark this one. Care to share any others?

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Nice. ...

@theyolksonyou‌ ...Amazon.com. ..The Wok Shop....really not expensive, just get the base ring. A lot of fun.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • theyolksonyou
    @SaltySam‌ click on @Mattman3969‌ and then discussions and peruse. He nails the wok every time!
  • Mattman3969
    Chubbs said:
    I have made quite a lot of meals in the wok. What's more impressive than the beautiful cook is how you have time to take pics while wokking. When I do it I am moving 100mph trying not to burn food and my arms. Nicely done and clearly I need to work on my skills

@chubbs - try lowering your heat just a bit. I will stabilize the egg between 500-550 and when I start cooking I will close the lower vent. The fire still gets hotter but the wok cools down a touch between the different stages of the cook as I take it out of the egg to dump it. I made the same comment about pics to VI back when he was active on the site and he gave me the same tips Kinda miss his cooks.

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    @saltysam - not trying to blow you off by any means but if you click on my handle then look at my discussions you will find my wok cooks are pretty detailed. If you have any questions on any of them don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for the compliments.

analyze adapt overcome

• theyolksonyou
    edited January 2015
    Once again you guys have spent my money. Just placed my order.

Edit: in fairness to you guys, I showed the pics to my wife and she said, "I could get behind that. Chinese food at home is never as good as out."
  • Mattman3969
    @SaltySam‌ click on @Mattman3969‌ and then discussions and peruse. He nails the wok every time!

@theyolksonyou - Thank You for the compliment but it's just selective posting. For every good wok post I make I have failure as well.

analyze adapt overcome

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Jackpot!  @Mattman3969 @theyolksonyou   Thank you so much for the assist.  Looking forward to copying some recipes!

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE