Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

no egg dishes

Options
theres a few dishes i will not cook on the egg, lasagna is one of them. for me i get too much smoke in the cheese. with the games on i started drinking early
:D thought i had noodles but didnt, figured why not, i have flour and eggs, how hard could it be.....i need a pasta roller for the mixer, this took way too long

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Way to pull it off! That lasagna looks great. I'll bet the homemade noodles even took it up a notch.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,569
    Options
    That last pic of the lasagna is absolutely awesome..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Nicely done right there. Look really good.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Impressive effort all the way around!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Good work, deft improvisation. I know noodles are not supposed to be all that hard, but after the few times I've tried, I'm back to store bought.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    gdenby said:
    Good work, deft improvisation. I know noodles are not supposed to be all that hard, but after the few times I've tried, I'm back to store bought.
    after doing it and then doing some google homework afterwards i think it has something to do with the eggs. the older recipes used eggs off the farm and ive found a few places on the web that suggested store bought eggs need more yolk added to the older recipes. with that lasagna the leftovers reheated with some steam seemed to give the noodles a better texture. ill try it again
    fukahwee maine

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Great looking grub brother!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Fresh homemade pasta lasagna... Can't beat the eats on that. You think even with RW, OO or WGWW it would get to smokey?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    Fresh homemade pasta lasagna... Can't beat the eats on that. You think even with RW, OO or WGWW it would get to smokey?
    ive attempted lasagna once and attempted a few reheats. for me the cheese soaks up too much of an off taste, its fine if i sauce over the cheese but then the cheese doesnt crisp and brown up. i know its the cheese because im fine with smoking boiled pasta in a colander then making a pasta casserole in the oven
    fukahwee maine