Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New rub ribs

Options
Phatchris
Phatchris Posts: 1,726
Picked up a rub while on vacation, rubbed some St.louis ribs with it, cherry and apple wood, little mayo, 250 till done.image

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother Phat, I would devour that!! Awesome brother =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    How did you like the rub?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Why on earth would you rub with mayo? I've never heard of that. Is it better than mustard? Is a particular brand that makes it better? I like Dukes. Would it be okay to use?

Little Rock, AR

• tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    Options
    I always use mayo, and yes Dukes is okay to use.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Only had bone sucking mustard which I wouldn't waste to use as a binder, stuff is awesome. Read a few post on here about using mayo @RRP‌ image

Rub was good, nice kick of heat.... Not sure if it's the best use of really good sea salt, but ribs were good.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    Why on earth would you rub with mayo? I've never heard of that. Is it better than mustard? Is a particular brand that makes it better? I like Dukes. Would it be okay to use?
    You just love to stir the pile don't you! LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • butert
    butert Posts: 202
    Options
    Great looking ribs!
    Cooking on a XL BGE from Allendale, Mi.