Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

@Chef Charles @paqman - $800 framing studs?

Options

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    That's hilarious
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    edited January 2015
    Options
    henapple said:
    That's hilarious
    Joke of the day!

Little Steven is gonna pick this up ... he wouldn't pick up the $100 full sized tandoor from the same neighbourhodd in the summer, go figure 
    :D
    canuckland
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Yes, that's my dealer, Capital Appliance et BBQ, bbqing.com

That's a nice system, I've seen it in their showroom. It is actually not bad of a deal...

Options
    :-O LBGE, frig & kegerator :-bd add a small hand wash station/sink. Is it $800 with it as pictured minus the BGE of course or is that just for the metal frame work? $800 as pictured minus the egg would be a great price.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Canugghead
    Options
    The fine print says:
    Stone, countertop & Appliances not included ( Appliances available to purchase)

Unless I'm missing something, after stripping off the appliances, egg, countertop and stone facing, all that's left are the framing studs left in last photo, $800 for that? No way. I don't see any stainless panels.

canuckland
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @Canugghead‌ didn't see the "fine print" viewing it on my phone (& didn't look too hard either). So its $800 for tubing frame and some mig welds? =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL , that's my understanding, hence my post title "$800 framing studs?" 

canuckland
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Looks to be aluminum studs. What a bargain. ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Material for the framing using pictured materials would run the average Joe around $150-$250 + welds. That is unless you could weld it yourself. Higher if in T304 SS square stock.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Maybe @allieash123‌ could make this design epic with some wood putty filler. :-?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Canugghead
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL how did I miss that one, thanks for the link and the laugh!  The putty filler reminds me of my rookie mistake - filling before staining  :\">
    canuckland
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Description is not super clear but it says it includes the bar top which, if I recall properly, is made of quartz. The framing for the fridge was arround 200$. Not clear if the cabinet door is included but that's another 300$. I did not notice that the side panels are not included but if that's what I think it is, I still think that it is a decent deal.

Options
    I could build those steel frames all day with eyes closed, 20g studs 3-5/8"x 8' are $3.50 each, get a box of framing truss head metal stud screws, and no welding needed.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "