Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

turbo chili brisket

Request for Friday chili...long story. ..had to go with a flat. On at 4, hickory and pecan for 2 hours and wrapped. ..up to 400 till tender. Taste good enough for chili. Added a bunch of chipotle chili powder to the rib...a definite bite. Will be interesting on the heat in the mix.

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I would have to taken a couple of slices white bread and some onion to that. Should have enough left for a pot of red
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    I would definitely have some box wine with that!  Maybe some Lemon/Lime MD 20/20 :))

JK, great looking cook.  I need to get some chili going with the cold temps down here.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Beans in that chi chi chi chile?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    I hate you right now. Now show me the glorious beans for your chili :D
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    How long did it take? I need to quit messing with overnight briskets, and just do them turbo.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Looks good Uncle Apple. Just be sure to put plenty of beans in the chili so @Mickey doesn't faint :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    Tony you will be dead to me if you desecrate that bowl of Red with beans! Well, except for when I need you to move Eggs at the Salado EggFest =((
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• We are smoking two more brisket this weekend to build up our supply for chili.  We have the next Spicewood Vineyard Chili Cookoff on February 28th, and need to have at least 10 gallons for that! Would also like to have enough to make chili for the Salado after party.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Brisket is OK in chilli, but I prefer Wagyu Filet Mignon and South African lobster in my chilli.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Mickey
    We are smoking two more brisket this weekend to build up our supply for chili.  We have the next Spicewood Vineyard Chili Cookoff on February 28th, and need to have at least 10 gallons for that! Would also like to have enough to make chili for the Salado after party.

:x :x :x

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    caliking said:

How long did it take? I need to quit messing with overnight briskets, and just do them turbo.

It was a 6lb flat. Around 2 hours a 225 to get some smoke. ..3 wrapped in foil till 190...not yet ready. The brisket in the chili for 3 hours finished it nicely. I've done packers till 160, wrapped and finished. ..good as anything. 45 minutes per hour? Maybe.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Chowman
    Chowman Posts: 159
    Guys, I have only done one packer so far, 13 lb, 10 hrs on the egg +4 hrs oven , final IT of 190f. It was great; moist and tender. I am curious about the "Turbo" method. Can someone please tell me some rules of thumb? What do you sacrifice vs low and slow? I know nothing comes for free....