Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A-Maz-N Smoker and the Looflighter

Options
Hawg Fan
Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
edited January 2015 in EggHead Forum
I decided to smoke some cheese today with my new A-MAZ-N smoker. I read several post about problems lighting the smoker. I don't have a propane torch, so I used my looflighter. It worked great. See YouTube link for short video. The cheese looks good, but I'll have to wait a few weeks before sampling. http://youtu.be/auiULC7WxuU imageimageimageimage

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX

Comments

• MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    I love my A-MAZE-N pellet smoker! How long did you smoke for. 
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • Hawg Fan
    Options
    MeTed said:

I smoked the cheese for 2.5 hours. Since this is my first time to smoke cheese I decided it would be better to err on the not enough smoke side. I'll adjust the smoke time if necessary next time. I hope to try some bacon in the near future. Do you have any experience with bacon?

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Hawg Fan said:
    MeTed said:

I smoked the cheese for 2.5 hours. Since this is my first time to smoke cheese I decided it would be better to err on the not enough smoke side. I'll adjust the smoke time if necessary next time. I hope to try some bacon in the near future. Do you have any experience with bacon?

I do. Let me know if you need some pointers. I use the AMS for bacon so I can walk you through whatever you need.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Not inferring MeTed does not have bacon experience. Just letting you know if you ever need help, I'm glad to pitch in.
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    I just bought the book called charcuterie and am going to learn how to cure bacon and smoke it. By the way I smoked my cheese for 5 hours and after 4 weeks it was Awesome! Good luck brother Hawg!
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • Hawg Fan
    Options
    Not inferring MeTed does not have bacon experience. Just letting you know if you ever need help, I'm glad to pitch in.

Heck yeah! As soon as I locate some pork belly I'll get back with you. I think I'm gonna like the A-Maz-N smoker. It seems to be simple and reliable.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    MeTed said:
    I just bought the book called charcuterie and am going to learn how to cure bacon and smoke it. By the way I smoked my cheese for 5 hours and after 4 weeks it was Awesome! Good luck brother Hawg!

that's the book I used to get started too. It's a good one.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Hawg Fan said:

Heck yeah! As soon as I locate some pork belly I'll get back with you. I think I'm gonna like the A-Maz-N smoker. It seems to be simple and reliable.

Check whole foods
  • Hawg Fan
    Options
    BYS1981 said:

Check whole foods

Thanks for the tip. I wouldn't have thought of Whole Foods.

Terry

Rockwall, TX