Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

POST Your Healthy Soup Recipes here!!!!

Options
Im searching for some good soups and keeping it clean and healthy. We have so many chilis on here but very little soups and stews...I challenge you all to come up with your best recipe for a healthy winter meal that could make meals easier for dinners. (i.e.: freeze portions and such)

Beaufort, SC

Comments

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    One of my favorite is butternut squash soup. Very easy to make and freezes well. From memory
    1-2 butternut squash peeled and cubed de seeded
    3-4 carrots peeled and cubed
    2-4 potatoes peeled and cubed
    2-4 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
    1-2 celery stalks chopped
    1-2 onions cubed

Add some olive oil to a big pot and add all the vegetables and brown for a few minutes maybe 5min.
    I add one mushroom cube.
    Add chicken broth/stock till vegetables are covered by a 1/2" to 1" or so. Bring to a boil. Cover reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 45min.
    Blend soup till smooth. I use submersible hand blender.
    Add some cream or chicken broth if soup is to thick.
    Add salt and pepper to taste.

I did this from memory.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Google any minestrone and adapt it to your taste and egg it. Butternut squash soup is good. No recipes handy but others will be here shortly
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    My new favorite soup if French green lentil soup. I basically follow the instructions on the package of lentils and use chicken broth instead of water. Then I add what ever is in the fridge. Carrots, onions, celery, green beans, tomatoes, sweet potatoes or maybe some chicken. Good eats. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut