Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Mediterranean Pizza

Options
Can't get much easier. Store bought crust with sauce, moz, spinach,red peppers,red onions,kalamata olives and feta cheese.
Pre egg
After Egg

@theyolksonyou - this baby was round!!! LOL.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    I do a lot of Mediterranean/veggie pizzas in the summer.  Try olive oil instead of sauce, hopefully marinated with garlic and herbs first, and arugula instead of the spinach.  Thinly-sliced artichoke hearts are also a favorite of mine.  
    Where was my Invite??  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I could do with a few slices of that.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Really, another awesome looking pizza cook tonight? Nice job, I'm really jealous now. My wife noticed I cooked fish inside for the first time since I got the egg...
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Hmmm...might need to do this Sunday night.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Botch said:

I do a lot of Mediterranean/veggie pizzas in the summer.  Try olive oil instead of sauce, hopefully marinated with garlic and herbs first, and arugula instead of the spinach.  Thinly-sliced artichoke hearts are also a favorite of mine.  

Where was my Invite??  
    That sounds very good. Might skip the artichokes, just can't eat them.

analyze adapt overcome

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    You just made me want pizza!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @theyolksonyou ... come on Jason, are you going to let Matt get away with that kind of trash talk?  That crust must have been hard as shoe leather.  Look at the nail holes around the edge (first picture) where it was held in a round shape while it dried out in the sun. 

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @Jeepster47‌ hey, it's his conscience and taste buds! Whatever allows him to sleep at night :)>-

edit: I wish they'd fix these dang emoticons! >:)
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @theyolksonyou ... come on Jason, are you going to let Matt get away with that kind of trash talk?  That crust must have been hard as shoe leather.  Look at the nail holes around the edge (first picture) where it was held in a round shape while it dried out in the sun. 

Dude that wasn't sun baked it was frozen dry in the balmy 16° weather that we are having right now.

analyze adapt overcome