Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The end of cheap beef, Texas Monthly article

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

Comments

• Chelnerul
    Chelnerul Posts: 153
    Great read- thanks for posting

Manning our FOB in occupied Northern Virginia...
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    its all going up, pork loin chops last week in the local supermarket were a friggin 5.79 per pound. thats insane
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    'cheap' beef ended a year or 2 ago.  Brisket has more than doubled here in 2 years. 

Shoulda put my 401(k) in a brisket fund.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Cheap beef? Not familiar with that concept.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    its all going up, pork loin chops last week in the local supermarket were a friggin 5.79 per pound. thats insane
    same here, ribs are not good deal either.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447

brisket started out as a cheap cut of meat....bout buy steaks for the same price now....only thing respectably priced now is whole chickens for 99 cents/lb on sale.

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    'cheap' beef ended a year or 2 ago.  Brisket has more than doubled here in 2 years. 

Shoulda put my 401(k) in a brisket fund.
    Damn straight, Spaight. Beef prices have been skyrocketing here in the past year or so.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490

All the more reason to own a Big Green Egg- restaurant beef prices are stupidly high- when I want to splurge, I'll go to the butcher and buy prime beef NY or Ribeye steaks and make them on the cast iron grid on my Big Green Egg.  Much, much more satisfying than eating in a restaurant anyway and to me, tastes much better.

• TylerA
    TylerA Posts: 85
    I rarely even eat beef any more, I cant hardly justify paying over $20 for steaks for the wife and I when I can do chicken thighs for so much less.  Its crazy, you can get pork loin for less than butts half the time if you watch the sales.  Not sure how this can be possible, but its true...sometimes

LBGE
    Huffman, TX