Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Turkey Cook - Version of Mad Max

Options
blakeas
blakeas Posts: 244
After screwing up my thanksgiving turkey cook with the Mad Max recipe I really wanted to try again!  This time I brined the turkey for 24 hours and Injected it with butter.  I know, Overkill but I wanted to be sure to get a moist and delicious turkey, however the rest of the recipe was mad max.  I  had a 15 pound turkey and it took about 5 hours at 300.  It came out delicious however, I did the gravy based on mad max but it came out WAY too salty.  Still haven't figured out how to make good gravy!

Comments

• blakeas
    blakeas Posts: 244
    Options

So what did I do wrong on the gravy?  whats the trick?  I had ALOT of scorched stuff in the bottom of the pan.  I had the pan elevated on foil balls so that wasn't it.  Next time do I add broth mid cook?  from my concoction that is sitting on the stove?  came out wayyy to salty