Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs to watch FSU get BEAT!

Options
Just a simple rib cook.  Nothing but brown sugar and evoo  (SWMBO) is a picky eater.   I will put some John boy and Billy on mine just before they are done.  I put them on around 1:30 pm, raised indirect with a drip pan of apple juice at 250 deg.  

Heck of it is the dawg doesn't understand long cooks (I always cook him two hotdogs)  and he has been drooling by the door since I started the grill.  Oh I'll add a pic of the dog if I can figure out how. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    No idea what john boy or billy are, but you have an awesome dog!

Go Ducks! Anyone but FSU. Used to sorta like em when Bowden was there. Free shoes and all.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    That's a big dog.

as an ACC guy, I'm torn. Winston is a great player and a charismatic young man, but he's an idiot off the field. I still think the ducks take this one.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I too am a ACC guy, except when it come's to FSU in football and dook in basketball.  If dook played Iran I would pull for hoagie U.  John boy and billy is a local sauce that I could take shots of.  http://www.johnboyandbillysauce.com

• TCT
    TCT Posts: 168
    Options
    If your Mastif is anything like the one I grew up with, he's ALWAYS drooling. Heck, we had slobber stains on the ceilings!

Craig

Cockeysville, MD

LBGE and a large list of stuff I want

• TCT
    TCT Posts: 168
    Options
    Oh yea, I too am an ACC fan ( daughter played lax @ VT ), but not a fan of the Noles. Go Ducks!

Craig

Cockeysville, MD

LBGE and a large list of stuff I want

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I'm thinking your dog needs more than 2 hotdogs...
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Nice dog!

I'm afraid it's going to end up the dead opposite of what I want and be FSU vs o$u.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bucky925
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Nice dog!

I'm afraid it's going to end up the dead opposite of what I want and be FSU vs o$u.
    NOOOOOO!   Bama vs the Ducks

• bucky925
    Options
    I've been drinking since 12 noon.  Went to east coast for lunch with the wife while the fire sat at 250.  Had 2 large Red Oaks, then of course bourbon while I smoked the ribs.   I've got a few friends coming over for the Bama game in the theater. I hope I don't fall asleep before they arrive.  

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    A Royal butt kicking.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • bucky925
    Options
    I loved it when Winston and Jimbo Fisher got into it on the side line.   Jimbo didn't have any crab legs I assume.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    That's what happens when you don't play anyone all year...and still barely win. Ass kicking deserved.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited January 2015
    Options
    henapple said:

That's what happens when you don't play anyone all year...and still barely win. Ass kicking deserved.

They had a great run. They didn't choose their schedule...they just played it. Props to Oregon tho. Hope they finish it off. Excited to see Winston and Mariota in the pros.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    Options
    bucky925 said:

I've been drinking since 12 noon.  Went to east coast for lunch with the wife while the fire sat at 250.  Had 2 large Red Oaks, then of course bourbon while I smoked the ribs.   I've got a few friends coming over for the Bama game in the theater. I hope I don't fall asleep before they arrive.  

Nice room!! Can you tell me a lil about your gear please.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @cazzy Winston is a great player, BUT I wonder about his work ethic based on his off field antics. Maybe a good vet takes him under his wing and he grows up. No doubt he's a great competitor and HATES losing.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I have several FSU friends...they hate Winston. They know he's crooked. No FSU didn't decide their schedule but they've turned down numerous invitations to join the SEC.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cazzy
    edited January 2015
    Options

@cazzy Winston is a great player, BUT I wonder about his work ethic based on his off field antics. Maybe a good vet takes him under his wing and he grows up. No doubt he's a great competitor and HATES losing.

He's young and is still less of a douche than Manziel. Lol Ultimately, he comes to the NFL with a high football IQ, great athletic ability and a strong will to win. His read progressions are very advanced. I'd like to see him lose about 15 pounds at the pro level.

They were due for this loss and it just boiled down to facing a better all around football team. Marcus is a very special player.

• bucky925
    Options
    cazzy said:

8.2 surround sound.  I chose the Klipsch speakers.  2 resisted  subs around a 83" tv.  2 above the tv and 6 resisted in the ceiling  going on each side of the berkline chairs.  3 chairs in front and 2 on a 8" riser.  Marantz equipment in a, again reset case along with the cable box.  I also have a small tv in the bar, so we can watch more than one game at a time. 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    In a perfect world we could find out whether or not he's actually a rapist. Being a douche is one thing, rapist wholly another. But we don't know, likely never will, but it's hard not to wonder.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • cazzy
    Options
    bucky925 said:

cazzy said:

bucky925 said:

8.2 surround sound.  I chose the Klipsch speakers.  2 resisted  subs around a 83" tv.  2 above the tv and 6 resisted in the ceiling  going on each side of the berkline chairs.  3 chairs in front and 2 on a 8" riser.  Marantz equipment in a, again reset case along with the cable box.  I also have a small tv in the bar, so we can watch more than one game at a time. 

Nice!!! I run Klipsch speakers too. Adding 2 more speakers in the ceiling for Dolby Atmos, which will be 7.1.2. About to replace my older Denon with the new Denon x7200w that drops later this month.

Still have to pick out seats and my projector. Sony is supposed to drop the 300es 4k projector at CES, which is what I'm leaning towards.

If you have more pics, please share. Great set-up!!
  • cazzy
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

In a perfect world we could find out whether or not he's actually a rapist. Being a douche is one thing, rapist wholly another. But we don't know, likely never will, but it's hard not to wonder.

These guys have pu$$y thrown at them left and right. Hard for me to believe that he would just take it but that obviously happens. Either way, once you're involved with something like that, many people don't care what the court decides. Look at Kobe, that girl bragged about it to one friend in a text and several others at a party, had multiple specimens of semen in her panties, but he is still viewed as a rapist by several people.
  • tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    Options
    QUACK QUACK!!!!
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Good point @cazzy‌ he is still at the very least a punk. ;)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • cazzy
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

Good point @cazzy‌ he is still at the very least a punk. ;)

Without a freaking doubt.