Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last nites deep dish pizza cook

Austin  Egghead
Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
edited January 2015 in EggHead Forum
Followed the dough recipe, made my own sauce.  Here is the link:  http://thirtyaweek.wordpress.com/2010/01/28/deep-dish-pizza-recipe/

Pretty darn good, will work do some tweaking on the crust.

Cook time 25 minutes at 550.  Had some over browned, but not burnt crust cause I should have rotated at half way mark.  Jury still out on the crust ... crunchy corneal takes some getting use to.

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Nice looking cook!  Keep us posted on how the crust tweaks work out :)
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Looks good from here! I bet you could try putting the corn meal in your vita-mix to take out some of the grit texture. Happy New Year ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  •  Granny said " I bet you could try putting the corn meal in your vita-mix to take out some of the grit texture."  I will be that doing the next time.  I use a local mill's stone ground cornmeal and while it is good for cornbread it wasn't too bueno in the crust.
    Happy New Year to you and the family.  Will be posting the black eyed peas and cornbread cook later.
    @cincy, thanks, will do
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx