Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spring Break ideas

Options
We need some help. Wife and I and our 6yr old need some ideas for spring break. We want to stay in the states. We want a nice resort with a killer pool (water slides and lazy river) . We are looking at Arizona Grand Resort. Anybody been there? We aren't the go go go type. Just need some warm weather and a nice pool. Go!

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    What is this "Spring Break" you speak of?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I've heard these places - particularly the one in Grapevine - are pretty cool.

http://www.greatwolf.com

San Antonio also has good family friendly options - particularly the Hyatt Hill Country and the JW Marriot. Last year a college roommate of mine with similar desires combined a few days at JW Marriot with a few days at a dude ranch that is about an hour away and has good water slides - the Flying L. He also hit Sea World, 6 Flags Fiesta Texas (his oldest kids are teens - probably wouldn't do it in your situation), the Alamo, and the Riverwalk.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• marysvilleegger
    Options
    Thanks @Foghorn‌. We've thought about the great wolf lodges. Been to Disney last couple of years so we are definitely done with the crowds and just want to relax by a pool and enjoy the sun and family. Will let ya know what we decide.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    For our family, just the pool would get old after a few days. My recommendation is that you hit the dude ranch for a couple of days and make some lasting memories. Two nights there would probably be enough ( it is for me). But you should book now if you want to go. They have limited space.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX