Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Coopers old time BBQ Llano,tx.

Options
imageimageimage

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Get a haircut, hippy.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    :x =P~

That is a nice appetizer you have there! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Brisket, burnt ends, beef rib, goat, chicken, jalapeño sausage. Nap.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    =D> \m/

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    You didn't get a PORK CHOP??!!??!!  Oh no!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

That is a great chop. No room on the tray. They were in excellent form today. We got there early and got to eat off the first run so it was all cooked perfectly.
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    If your delivering...I'll take two order please. :D
  • Pork N Stein
    Options
    Went to the Ft Worth location Christmas Eve, it was pretty tasty!
    Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
    Roanoke TX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

+++++1
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    That is a great chop. No room on the tray. They were in excellent form today. We got there early and got to eat off the first run so it was all cooked perfectly.
    Lightweight.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    so everything is dipped huh?  Is it meh un-dipped?  Overpowering or complimentary?  

And what the hell?  I thought you were only allowed to cook in your new kitchen for a year or so.   ;)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Is it worth the drive from the Austin area during my spring-time Texas assault?
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    cazzy said:

so everything is dipped huh?  Is it meh un-dipped?  Overpowering or complimentary?  

And what the hell?  I thought you were only allowed to cook in your new kitchen for a year or so.   ;)
    We are in a roadie out to big bend. We got it all dipped but it's good without. I like thier sauce. Suoer thin and vinegary.

We Re going to wear out the KJ jr this week too. image
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Sweet Yeti.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • cazzy
    Options

We are in a roadie out to big bend. We got it all dipped but it's good without. I like thier sauce. Suoer thin and vinegary. We Re going to wear out the KJ jr this week too. image
    That **** didn't walk while y'all ate?
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    cazzy said:

cazzy said:

We are in a roadie out to big bend. We got it all dipped but it's good without. I like thier sauce. Suoer thin and vinegary.

We Re going to wear out the KJ jr this week too. image

That **** didn't walk while y'all ate?Nah. We were right there and ate in 15 min or so. It was really good this time. They were on point today.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Food looks good, thanks for sharing the pics.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

The brisket and that beef rib are makin' me weak in the knees.

And you're brave for hitching the KJ up to the back like that! Maybe run a cord through the DFMT so it doesn't pop off somewhere?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Is it worth the drive from the Austin area during my spring-time Texas assault?

probably not. We can do all the damage you want in austin and driftwood.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Ate there last month and it was good, but extremely expensive. I had beef ribs, pork ribs and brisket. My friend had about the same thing with a couple side dishes and drinks. I think the whole bill was about 70 bucks. Ridiculous.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:

The brisket and that beef rib are makin' me weak in the knees.

And you're brave for hitching the KJ up to the back like that! Maybe run a cord through the DFMT so it doesn't pop off somewhere?

its on there pretty damn tight. May put the cap in the car on the ride home but so far so good. 2hrs to go. I suckered Lakewade in to driving the 8 hour haul so it just might be time to pour a Tito's in the Yeti Rambler and settle on in.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Ate there last month and it was good, but extremely expensive. I had beef ribs, pork ribs and brisket. My friend had about the same thing with a couple side dishes and drinks. I think the whole bill was about 70 bucks. Ridiculous.

it's kinda upper middle of the road price wise. Cheaper than franklins, more than several others. I think most people order way too much. That's the trick. We ordered 4.5lbs of meat, 4 sides, 4 beers and it was $102. We have 2 lbs of meat left for sammiches for the rest of the trip
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Everything looks good.  The Llano location can be hit or miss, especially on a busy saturday.  Glad you got there for the early bird overnight cook.  Love your blue yeti  :D
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Everything looks good.  The Llano location can be hit or miss, especially on a busy saturday.  Glad you got there for the early bird overnight cook.  Love your blue yeti  :D

i didn't notice the sticker until someone else metnioned it. Pretty funny. i beleive that is academy's finest Igloo
  • cazzy
    Options

i didn't notice the sticker until someone else metnioned it. Pretty funny. i beleive that is academy's finest Igloo

=))
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    Some day when I'm really retired, I'd love to do a BBQ tour through Texas.  The highlight of my recent ill-fated Texas foray was all the great BBQ.  Franklin's, Killen's, Gatlin's.  It takes so much time - not only to visit all the great places, but also to recover from the gluttony prior to experiencing the next incredible spot.  I'm up to the challenge!!
    Santa Paula, CA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's on now. Tito's is flowing and wings going on the KJ jr. Big pot of chili on the stove and we cleaned out the fancy wine we had been saving throughout the year. Headed to the thirsty goat tavern for some live music and revelry after dinner. Happy new year all- Tex

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    Happy New Year! What a way to celebrate.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life