Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Homemade Italian Sausage & Peppahs + Home Made Brats for Dec 27 Bowl games

I used the MiniMax for the brats and the LG for the Italian Sausage and peppers. A neighbor works for a huge food distributor so he gets me the pork shoulder in 90lb cases at a great (low) price, and I either smoke it or grind it/spice it/stuff it into casings. My second favorite food making activity behind cooking on the BGE is grinding meat and making sausage, or homemade home ground hamburger.  They all tasted better than they looked.

on Christmas Day, I smoked three whole turkey breasts on the XL and didn't take a picture of them but they were perfect.  Cooked per BGE cookbook recipe to temperature of 165F.  So juicy, and so flavorful and an unreal reaction from family and friends.  Wife's family is full of curmudgeonly types and father in law said to me, "I don't know what you did to that turkey but it was the best I ever had, unbelievably moist."

But yesterday for the Arizona State - Duke Sun Bowl game, and the later Nebraska- USC Holiday Bowl, we all enjoyed the sausages shown in the attached photos.

Comments