Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seared Salmon a la @Lit / pics

Options
TigerTony
TigerTony Posts: 1,078
edited December 2014 in EggHead Forum
First time cooking salmon and eating it for that matter.
It was absolutely delicious!

Thanks to @Lit for his searing method.

Here is what I did. I set-up my medium egg direct with black skillet @ 600*. I had my large egg ready for indirect cook with plate-setter @ 340* . I used a small hand full of pecan chips for smoke.

I seared the salmon in  1/3 stick butter, skin up for about 90 seconds then skin down for two minutes. Added more butter
Then I transfered the salmon to the large egg for the rest of the cook.  and sprinkled it with a generous helping of DP Raging River and basted with Fisher Wieser Raspberry Chipotle sauce, thanks to my Elfster @sixpack1. That stuff is awesome good! I truly feel I drew the best elf possible for the rub exchange. @sixpack1 you're the best!

I also added more butter to the black skillet and cooked some Brussels sprouts on the medium while the salmon was cooking on my lg egg.

All I can say is that this salmon was terrific. Could possibly be the most rewarding cook in a long time. I did get very positive comments from two extremely picky eaters and said that they would love for me to cook salmon again.

Here's a few pictures of the cook. Because it happened. *note the plated pics came out blurry so I didn't post them.
imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
New Orleans

Comments