Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DR. BBQs Wings with Pantry Sauce

Options
DHall
DHall Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Found this recipie in a recent Food and Wine magazine that was doind a section on grilling. Tried it out for the race party last weekend and it was a huge hit. Trying it again for the race today but since its just me im kickin em up a bit more with Cayenne, Ancho, and a sprinkling of rosemary fresh from the herb garden. If you havent seen this one it is a super easy recipie.

Comments

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    DHall,[p]There's a great story with that recipe. Because of the book, I have a very good New York publicist working with me and he lined up the F&W interview. At first I gave them a couple recipes from the new book, but then they called back and asked instead for a recipe that hadn't been published. I was in a busy time, so I made that sauce recipe up without the opportunity to actually try making it. It seemed obvious that it would be good, and frankly I had no choice.
    So the girl from F&W calls to check on something and tells me they made the wings and loved them. I said thanks. Look for that recipe in my second book.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Unknown
    Options
    drbbq,[p]Hi Ray... just ordered your book. How does this recipe differ from your Signature Wings?
  • drbbq
    Options
    BR,[p]The cooking process is the same, the seasoning and sauce are different. [p]Thanks for the order.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Ray...[p]Got your book for a birthday gift yesterday, awesome! Thanks so much for writing it!! It is a gift to the BBQ world!
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • drbbq
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]Thanks for the really nice words.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    drbbq,
    Got your book a few weeks back from Amazon. I've tried about 10 of the recipes in the book, and I must say they all turned out awesome. Love the accompanying stories that go along with the recipes.Thanks for publishing this. One of the better q tomes on the market in my humble opinion.
    Cheers, Bob

• drbbq
    Options
    bobbyb,[p]Thanks Bob. What have you tried?

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    drbbq,
    Ray, started counting the recipes I've tried to date and the list came out to more thsn 10. Time flies when you are having fun. Wisconsin Brats, Avacado corn salad, Scallops wrapped in bacon,Fajitas (part 1),Shortcut Brisket, Meatloaf for Lisa Marie, Friday Night Ribs, beercanless chicken, brie quesadillas, signature wings, yankee white beans, grilled corn w/ bbq butter, vidalias stuffed w/ sausage,cornbread casserole, Kinda dirty rice, green chili enchaladas. Slowly but surely I will try them all.
    Cheers, Bob

• drbbq
    Options
    bobbyb,[p]WOW!
    I guess you like it. Thanks.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ