Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yet another prime rib thread

Options
blind99
blind99 Posts: 4,971
If people don't mind, I'd love to add links to how others did their prime rib this year.  Or feel free to post / repost to this thread.  

Mine was:
1. 10# choice bone in prime rib from Costco.  (The meat was delicious but I wasn't happy that they used that mechanical tenderizer thing on it.)  Trimmed some excess fat.
2. Seasoned and wrapped in plastic wrap the day before.  Coating of olive oil, then salt, pepper, paprika, minced fresh garlic, fresh rosemary, thyme, oregano.
3. Set up egg for indirect cooking.  Water pan.  I put the roast on at 200 degrees at 2:30.  Got back from church at 4:30 and turned up the temp to 275.
4. Finished at 6:30.  Pulled at internal temp of 120.  Skipped any sear, the exterior looked great.
5. I didn't precut the meat off the bones or tie.

Everyone got a piece with the done-ness they liked.  I threw the bones back on the grill to roast and forgot about them.  Burnt to a crisp.

imageimageimage
Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle

Comments