Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri-tip Tuesday (pics)

Options
stemc33
stemc33 Posts: 3,567
Tri-tip for a nice Tuesday evening.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Damn, just go all caveman and stuff! Nice!
  • TN2TX
    TN2TX Posts: 298
    Options
    Excellent cook...except the lettuce at the end :) 
    Dallas, TX
  • stemc33
    Options
    TN2TX said:
    Excellent cook...except the lettuce at the end :) 

Gotta get that roughage in. Lettuce doesn't have much, but it's got it.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Amazing. Even on Mickey mouse plates

XLBGE 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Wow!! From the grill marks in the first pic I assume you roasted or went raised then seared all caveman style??

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • stemc33
    Options
    @Mattman3969‌, that's exactly what I did. Pulled off @110° and pulled the PS and opened it up. My son's visiting for the holidays and said "gonna throw it on the coals?, you might as well". I think he likes it caveman. He ate quite a bit.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Bravo brother Stem =D>. That is perfection personified my friend. Tri-Tip happens to be one of my very favorites. Thus:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options

NICE

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • SGH
    Options
    Brother stem, as fine as the food looks, I'm forced to inquire about the plate. Do I see brother Mouse on the right hand side? Just curious my friend.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stemc33
    Options
    @MrCookingNurse‌ and @SGH‌, well spotted. He's usually hanging out in the pics. Every once in a while somebody will notice him.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    @MrCookingNurse‌ and @SGH‌, well spotted. He's usually hanging out in the pics. Every once in a while somebody will notice him.
    I thought that was him. For the record, when I first started posting pics, I unknowingly captured a box of tampons that my wife had sat on the table right next to my chicken. I did not notice this until I posted the pic. I don't know if it was out of respect, but no one said anything about it. I know that someone had to have seen it. Hey, it's just part of it. Looking back it was pretty funny. 

Status- Standing by.

• stemc33
    Options
    SGH said:
    stemc33 said:
    I thought that was him. For the record, when I first started posting pics, I unknowingly captured a box of tampons that my wife had sat on the table right next to my chicken. I did not notice this until I posted the pic. I don't know if it was out of respect, but no one said anything about it. I know that someone had to have seen it. Hey, it's just part of it. Looking back it was pretty funny. 

:)) :)) I'm sure somebody noticed it, there's some people that have eagle eyes on the forum. It's amazing at the stuff they spot.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @SGH‌ I've got one of those famous pictures floating around here. @cazzy‌ has it as his desktop background.

XLBGE 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Caveman tri-tip. You are an effin boss!
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Wow nearly missed your post..That is a perfect Tri....Awesome..Happy Christmas to you and your family..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Dude...

Options
    Nailed it :)

Great looking beef right there...
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Awesome.  You win.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA