Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

7 Bone-in Prime Rib

Options

Good day folks,

I will be doing a 7 bone-in prime rib on my LBGE during the holiday season. I usually do 3-4 bone in so I have some experience under my belt. However never attempt one this big so I am seeking for some inputs from those that have done one previously.

My plan is to cook it without splitting it in half. Seperate the bone from the meat but re-attach it to the meat. Salt&Pepper, garlic and slow cook it until IT is about 125. Rest it for about 30 minute. Remove bone and back on the egg to sear 90 sec. each side at about 600-650. Throw back the bones in the egg (egg back at 225) to finish up the beef ribs. Rest for another 30 min and serve.

I know that it will all depend on the meat (lbs) but is there an estimate time I should be looking at in order to plan correctly?

Cheers!

Comments