Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cast Iron Grate

Options
I'm having a hard time finding one, any recommendations?
Atlanta GA. 

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    You're in Atlanta, BGE doesn't have them?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bottomfeeder
    Options
    Over the years I have had cast iron grate on various grills. They all ended up either cracking from the heat or rust. I do not understand the need for it. The BGE stainless to me is the best thing out there.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I've got the BGE cast iron grate and love it. To each his own.

Little Rock, AR

• Wowens
    Wowens Posts: 115
    Options
    Try Roswell Hardware. They have tons of eggcessorries.
  • vchelf
    vchelf Posts: 95
    Options
    I was having difficulty locating the BGE 13CI (13" cast iron grate). I wanted it to use with the Ceramic Grill Store's Spider for searing my steaks on the large BGE during reverse sears. I called Ceramic Grill Store. They sell CI grates made by Craycort. I received mine, but haven't tried it yet.  It looks like it is good quality.
    Victor Chelf
    Houston, TX

Just one Large BGE
    Visit my Victor's Vittles blog - dedicated to my Big Green Eggventures

• Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    Options
    Check eBay.  I bought one about 6 months ago.
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    edited December 2014
    Options
    vchelf said:
    I was having difficulty locating the BGE 13CI (13" cast iron grate).
    Me too - so I made my own!
    imageimage
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I really like my CI grate.

I find that any time I am GRILLING, I use the CI.
    If I am cooking indirect or just putting a pot on or something, I use the stainless grate.  
    I also use both grates any time I am cooking raised direct.  I put the SS grate on the fire ring, then add some fire bricks to bring me up to gasket level, and throw the CI grate on top.  So, it's been useful to have two.
    LBGE/Maryland