Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

loin back bacon

Options
Grabbed a pork loin about 10 1/2 pounds and cut it in half and followed Michael Ruhlman's method from his book Charcuterie . Left it cure for 8 days in the frig till it felt nice and firm and then two days sitting in the frig till it got a little tacky . Today i smoked it with apple and a little hickory wood at 260 degrees at the grid till a internal temp of 145 degrees smells and looks amazing . Waiting on it to chill in the frig then slicing it up 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    I've been meaning to do this for so long. Let us know how it turned out.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I just sliced up some this morning after the week process. Soooooo good. Yours has incredible color!
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    it's all sliced up i fried up a few pieces tastes really good not exactly the same taste as regular bacon but still a great flavor . Gotta be care full cooking it since it doesn't have anywhere near the same fat regular bacon has to cook with i used a little pam in my CI pan 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.