Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Early Christmas - Looft Lighter

Options
The girls came up early since we'll be at the son's on Christmas and so we opened some presents early.  Wife wanted me to open one early since I'll be egging (tri tip and pork butt) this week to take stuff to the kid's up north.

I was surprised how well this gadget did firing up the egg (left over coals from last nights spatchcock chick).  It is kind of big and bulky but sure works good and has a bottle opener in the stand to boot.  Thanks to my Bride. 
LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 

Comments

• loveTheEgg
    Options
    I've had the same one for 2 years and its still going strong. I really like mine a lot!
    Brandon, MS
  • TN2TX
    TN2TX Posts: 298
    Options
    I'm hoping that I get one in 5 days!
    Dallas, TX
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Good score, logchief!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Nice present, now fill that Egg up with some lump and cook something good.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting one of those.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    I really like mine. Got it back in the spring, and never looked back. Not wild about having to plug it in, but I've got outlets on the back patio that are close so it works fine. Starts the coals faster.. Even faster if they've been lit before. Used to love the firestarter squares, but the looftlighter works really well..
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • AUCE
    AUCE Posts: 890
    Options
    Love mine...works great

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

• lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options
    I must be the only one, but I am not a fan of the Looft Lighter.  I've had is since may and for the most part I have gone back to my old electric charcoal starter. 
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    I have one sitting in the shed..The only reason I don't use it is that I moved my Egg off the deck (and outlet). It works really well..We are planning a new deck in the new year, so an outlet will be close again... Happy Christmas to you and your family.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    I have one sitting in the shed..The only reason I don't use it is that I moved my Egg off the deck (and outlet). It works really well..We are planning a new deck in the new year, so an outlet will be close again... Happy Christmas to you and your family.
    Thanks @johnmitchell, Merry Christmas as well
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Only complaint I can add. The shielding around my lighter has started to deform and melt. The unit is fine but the aluminum I guess over time has gotten too hot and warped up. Looks like hell but works great still
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax