Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max controller question.....

Options
I already have a Guru that I use on my XLBGE and MBGE. Thankfully the blower door is the same size, just need to flip it.

My question is if anyone knows if the SBGE door is the same size as the Mini Max? Can I just buy the SBGE blower door and use that?

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I believe that the SBGE draft door is the same size. I'm looking at doing the same except with a Stoker on our MM.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Options
    Was looking at the stoker as well, but I already got the Guru. Another thing of concern is the fan size. I think the one I have might be too over powering for the MM.

Maybe just buy another whole kit that way I can have both going at the same time. :D
  • r8rs4lf
    Options
    Just looked at the Guru site and they recommend that same pit viper fan I have for the small and the mini so it should be good for the MM.

I would assume BGE is using the same size door on the small, mini, and MM. Can anyone confirm before I order?
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    OMG  =((
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• scruffee81
    scruffee81 Posts: 85
    edited December 2014
    Options
    r8rs4lf said:
    Was looking at the stoker as well, but I already got the Guru. Another thing of concern is the fan size. I think the one I have might be too over powering for the MM. Maybe just buy another whole kit that way I can have both going at the same time. :DI
    I also have the Guru...and I would think that the fan size for the MM really wouldn't be an issue considering the adapter for the fan has that limiter you can control the air flow into the egg....  I think that would work fine. but I could be wrong.
  • r8rs4lf
    Options
    Mickey said:

OMG  =((

I know, I know!!! It's just for those long cooks so I don't have to worry about it.
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    r8rs4lf said:
    I already have a Guru that I use on my XLBGE and MBGE. Thankfully the blower door is the same size, just need to flip it. My question is if anyone knows if the SBGE door is the same size as the Mini Max? Can I just buy the SBGE blower door and use that?

From the BGE site:

Stainless Steel Draft Door for a Big Green Egg
    Draft Door w/Screen for XXLarge and XLarge EGGs – SSMDXL
    Draft Door w/Screen for Large and Medium EGGs – SSMD
    Draft Door w/Screen for Small, MiniMax and Mini EGGs – 1SSMD

Mesh Screen for a Stainless Steel Draft Door
    Mesh Panel for Draft Door for XXLarge and XLarge Draft Doors - MESH XL
    Mesh Panel for Large and Medium Draft Doors – MESH L
    Mesh Panel for Small, MiniMax and Mini Draft Doors – MESH S

• r8rs4lf
    Options
    Mikee said:
    r8rs4lf said:
    I already have a Guru that I use on my XLBGE and MBGE. Thankfully the blower door is the same size, just need to flip it. My question is if anyone knows if the SBGE door is the same size as the Mini Max? Can I just buy the SBGE blower door and use that?

From the BGE site:

Stainless Steel Draft Door for a Big Green Egg
    Draft Door w/Screen for XXLarge and XLarge EGGs – SSMDXL
    Draft Door w/Screen for Large and Medium EGGs – SSMD
    Draft Door w/Screen for Small, MiniMax and Mini EGGs – 1SSMD

Mesh Screen for a Stainless Steel Draft Door
    Mesh Panel for Draft Door for XXLarge and XLarge Draft Doors - MESH XL
    Mesh Panel for Large and Medium Draft Doors – MESH L
    Mesh Panel for Small, MiniMax and Mini Draft Doors – MESH S

Thanks for that info!

Guess I place that order then.
  • NPHuskerFL