Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"Fresh" red snapper...at least for colorado

Options

Went to whole paycheck yesterday and saw some whole red snappers. Freshest fish I've seen in CO. Clear eyes and no stink. Was told they were flown in yesterday. Anyway couldn't pass it up. Made a dish inspired by our moon in cinque terre (sp?). Anyway went as follows:

Rinse and pat fish dry. Cut slits and evoo'd outside and cavity with garlic herb and s&p. Stuffed some lemon in cavity. Egg was going at ~400. Put on indirect. Ended up going ten mins flipped for 15 then had to flip again for another 12. For sauce. Cooked some onion till soft and added chili flake and garlic. Then added some tomato, kalamata, artichoke,capers, and lemon zest and squeeze of half lemon. Let that cook a bit then added a few glugs of white wine. After that cooked down I finished it with about four tablespoons butter. All the while I had the risotto going for the side. Wife made the salad. Poured the sauce over the fish.

This was really good.

Comments