Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I just wanna cook!! Among other things.

Options
Fellow eggers. Have you ever just wanted to cook.

I just finished a 21hr shift. I've been awake since 5am yesterday. It's 8:35pm. You do the math.

Too late to cook. Wife and kids are not here. I'm 3 into a 6 pack. And just wanna f-n cook.

Anyone ever felt like that?
Huntsville, Al LBGE

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have felt your pain on more than one occasion my friend. I'm forced to go offshore at times, and brother out there 16 hours is a short shift. March thru May of this year I was out there working doubles and splits. Yes sir, I have been in your shoes.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    I'm thinking a Butt. Y'all?
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    My problem is kid schedules. Not bitching cause they grow up too fast, but yes, sometimes I just want to cook! Had that problem last week after 7 hrs at a gym.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    Get the feeling quite frequently.  In my case I attribute it to the SWMBO eggscape time associated with the event.  That and the adult supervisory beverages.  :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    I feel that way quite often. If I were in your position I would do a quick cook (steak or burger or brats) then put on a butt or brisket.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• AUCE
    AUCE Posts: 890
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I know it's a curse..I've stocked up on a pile of proteins to get my fix. Yard birds, turkey, loins, game hens, sausage etc.
    Since they require different cooking times I can fit something in..the Looftlighter helps too.

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    All I can say is that this forum is evil. All the good food I see and the different ways to cook has me ALWAYS wanting to cook. Lately my days off have been sneaking up on me and I haven't been able to plan as much as I would like to. The list of cooks is getting long.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    I too, understand your pain, when work gets too hectic, and I don't have the time, I'll actually use a sick or vacation day and sit around and egg all day and stuff myself, great therapy as far as I'm concerned.
    :)>- :D
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Now that's an idea.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I keep glancing over your title and keep hearing the intro to "rehab addict" where she says "I just want brick!"

Don't judge. Nicole Curtis is hot.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.