Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF deal right now!

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,384
edited December 2014 in EggHead Forum
I don't work for SRF but do enjoy their products (actually brisket only) but here's a deal for all their offerings:  Enjoy!
ANNELLA'S WEEKEND SPECIAL
10% OFF SITEWIDE | 2 DAYS ONLY 

enter promo code JOLLY at checkout 
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I don't work for SRF but do enjoy their products (actually brisket only) 
    You should try their rib eyes my friend. It's the best 150 dollars you will ever spend in my estimate.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @SGH-Bad enough I find their brisket to be almost habit forming.  And since I've never had their rib eyes-I find their brisket (or any prime brisket for that matter) to be more flavorful and tasty than a rib eye. BTW-recently did a Costco prime for a family gathering (not Thanksgiving) and was quoted by a few-I like brisket better than steak.  (And they were from CA-land of...)  Thanks for the suggestion but I am in a SRF brisket rut (and not a bad place to be).
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    edited December 2014
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @SGH-Bad enough I find their brisket to be almost habit forming.  And since I've never had their rib eyes-I find their brisket (or any prime brisket for that matter) to be more flavorful and tasty than a rib eye. BTW-recently did a Costco prime for a family gathering (not Thanksgiving) and was quoted by a few-I like brisket better than steak.  (And they were from CA-land of...)  Thanks for the suggestion but I am in a SRF brisket rut (and not a bad place to be).
    Absolutely not a bad rut to be in. However if you like ribeye, I was just pointing out that theirs is of outstanding quality. Their ribeye is of the same quality as their brisket. Pricey for sure, but you know the old saying- You get what you pay for. I find all of their meat to be outstanding. That said, I'm a ribeye eating fool. They are one of my favorites for sure!! Some of the items on my to do list for Christmas is SRF brisket and ribeys. It should compliment the whole hog well. Or at least I hope. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Nothing beats a prime ribeye.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @GATraveller-I would offer that a wagyu brisket can hold its own or better.  There is something about the texture.  But to each his own-and that's what makes it fun!  FWIW-

• tjosborne
    Options
    SGH said:

lousubcap said:

You should try their rib eyes my friend. It's the best 150 dollars you will ever spend in my estimate.

How many ribeyes do you get for 150?
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options

Nothing beats a prime ribeye.

Yep, I just ate some tonight!
    Dunedin, FL
  • Chelnerul
    Options

tjosborne said:
    lousubcap said:
    You won't like the answer...!
    Manning our FOB in occupied Northern Virginia...
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Chelnerul said:

tjosborne said:

SGH said:

lousubcap said:

You won't like the answer...!

Yup. Depends on the grade, but Waygu is around 50/steak. You're better off getting a rib roast and cutting your own steaks. A six lb roast is something like 225.
  • tjosborne
    Options
    Wow that's crazy expensive. Maybe on my thirtieth birthday or something.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • SGH
    Options
    tjosborne said:
    Only 1 my friend. But it's worth every penny.

Status- Standing by.

• badinfluence
    Options
    Any high end steakhouse it will cost that or more per person and this way you don't have to wear a tuxedo.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa