Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini In the future. Possibly.

Options
So give me the pros/cons to the mini.

Seems I may be getting a good deal on one. I'm sure this is something that's been beat to death. But work has caused me to not want to do much research tonight. What are the 1st accessories you would buy, ect. I currently have a large.
Huntsville, Al LBGE

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Buy a High Que, a Woo, SS Grid, 10" Lodge, and a Mini Wok. Oh, a Carten for sure. Having all that is the reason I am not getting rid of my Mini now that I have a Mini Max.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tcampbell
    Options
    Get it you will love it for hi heat like burgers and steaks.
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options

BAMA..did you check out the one on FLea bay that I posted...

Get the Mini..for everday cooks it is fantastic..that one was only $149

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

So give me the pros/cons to the mini.

The mini kicks ass in so many ways that I don't even know where to start. First, it's a searing machine. Next, for small or quick cooks the mini really shines. Third, lump use is minimal. Fourth, it's extremely portable. On top of that, it's just a joy to cook on. I wish I would have bought one years ago. I highly recommend the mighty mini.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    @bcsnave‌ I did. Dude lives less than an hr from me. I've almost talked the Boss into. So, I can't wait!

Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    I'd like it for all those reasons @SGH‌

Can't stand going somewhere and having to use someone's crappy grill.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

@central_bama_egger I would not get that mini. It has the old scissor hinge which from experience is very frustrating compared to the newer hinges. It also has the old fire ring which won't hold the plate setter. Also you won't have a warranty obviously and the minis do crack just like other eggs. My mini base just cracked under 2 months ago. For just over $300 you can pick up a demo mini at egging in the mountains in May and get to come to a good fest and have a lifetime warranty. Or just watch for deal I picked up a brand new mini in the box from a dealer going out of business for $300 a month or so ago.

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Lit said:

@central_bama_egger I would not get that mini. It has the old scissor hinge which from experience is very frustrating compared to the newer hinges. It also has the old fire ring which won't hold the plate setter. Also you won't have a warranty obviously and the minis do crack just like other eggs. My mini base just cracked under 2 months ago. For just over $300 you can pick up a demo mini at egging in the mountains in May and get to come to a good fest and have a lifetime warranty. Or just watch for deal I picked up a brand new mini in the box from a dealer going out of business for $300 a month or so ago.

Thanks to Lit I was able to pick up my mini from the same dealer going out of business. Can't beat the lifetime warranty. I'll be ordering the Hi-Que grate soon and hopefully down the road the mini woo with pizza stones. Due to budget constraints, I've had to fashion a platesetter for indirect cooking - but it works for now. It is the perfect compliment to my large egg. I don't have the egg carten but have had no problem taking it on the road with me.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Thanks for the advise dudes. You guys are awesome.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE