Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Venison Hind Quarter

Options
My uncle is wanting me to smoke a deer hind quarter, and he said the best he has ever had was when it was smoked with hot pork sausage.  Has anyone ever done this or heard of it being done?  He said the sausage gave it an awsome flavor, but I am unsure on how to do it. 

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have not tried this recipe but had located it a while back and thought about trying it myself.  However you do it post it up so we can all learn.  I have a deer to pick up at the processor next week.

Thanks and good luck!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA