Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Party Q test drive

Options
Got a new party q last week and decided to take it for a test drive with a couple of racks of baby backs.  Overall I was impressed with how steady the egg was for the entire cook and i was surprised that the party q fan did not seem to have to run very much.  It just cycled on and off briefly.  I was not aware that the new party q had an open lid detect feature.  When you close the lid, the fan does not come on right away.  It makes some calculations before it cycles on.  It can sense that the egg is coming up to temperature on its own so the fan just cycles in bursts until the egg is back up to temp.  Overall I think this gadget is a pretty good value for what it costs.  $144 from Firecraft including the BGE adaptor.  Sorry no plated pics of the ribs, they disappeared pretty quick.

Living Large and XL

Comments