Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Unit #7. A quick peek.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
For everyone coming to Salado, here is Unit #7. She is a reverse flow horizontal square main chamber. The built in vertical has the same baffling system as Unit #6. The beast sitting on the starboard side of the rig is a exact replica of Unit #1. A reverse flow down draft vertical with a built in 12 gallon water resivoir. I will be cooking whole hogs at Salado for its maiden voyage. Between the main chamber and the 2 verticals, she has a meat capacity in the 2,000 pound arena. Hope that yall like her.
imageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Thanks for the previews, I'll be taking a close look at the vertical reverse flow.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    It makes me wish I was going to Salado.
    Flint, Michigan
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Options
    +1
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    That's what I'm talking about. Standing by patiently for Unit #8!!!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    Thanks for the previews, I'll be taking a close look at the vertical reverse flow.

Brother D, the insulated vertical is the way to go. You can run on about a pound of fuel per hour, depending on how hard you are pushing it. The big offset is a fuel hog. It burns 10 pounds per hour. More if you push it hard. Sure hope that you are there. Have wanted to meet you for quite some time now.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    tulocay said:
    That's what I'm talking about. Standing by patiently for Unit #8!!!

Unit #8 is already under construction my friend. Should be ready around mid April.

Status- Standing by.

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Very impressive, that is going to be something! Salado is lucky you are coming.
    =D>
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • SGH
    Options
    DMW said:

Brother D, you are more than welcome to run it at Salado. You can use the big vertical at your discresion. I will have the hog in the horizontal chamber so the big vertical will be free for folks to tinker or cook with.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    anton said:
    ! Salado is lucky you are coming.
    =D>

I don't know brother, the Party Monster is coming with me ;)

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:

DMW said:

Brother D, you are more than welcome to run it at Salado. You can use the big vertical at your discresion. I will have the hog in the horizontal chamber so the big vertical will be free for folks to tinker or cook with.

Put my name on it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:

Put my name on it.

You got it sir. She is at your disposal.

Status- Standing by.

• travisstrick
    Options
    If you want, I can supply the post oak. I have tons of splits.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SGH
    Options
    If you want, I can supply the post oak. I have tons of splits.

Brother that would be awesome. I will gladly pay you for them.

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Damn happy I am going to Salado. Going to be super "before" and "after" parties baby. That will be Friday Night and Saturday Nights. :@) :@) :@) :@) :@)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Damn happy I am going to Salado. Going to be super "before" and "after" parties baby. That will be Friday Night and Saturday Nights.

I want to use you golf cart to pull Unit #7 around ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited December 2014
    Options

Fred come on down. I have comp tickets waiting for you.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    Options

Brother I sure wish that you was coming. I would love to meet you.

Status- Standing by.

• Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    SGH said:
    Mickey said:
    Damn happy I am going to Salado. Going to be super "before" and "after" parties baby. That will be Friday Night and Saturday Nights.

=)) =)) =))

Man, I may just have to look closer to this gathering.
    Contemplating the journey. 
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Things just got real. Nice looking pit!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

SGH said:

Brother I sure wish that you was coming. I would love to meet you.
    I'd give Fred a big wet kiss on the dome.
    Options
    @nolaegghead- You have never kissed my dome :-?

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - you've never seen me at Salado.
    Options
    Durangler said:
    SGH said:
    Mickey said:

=)) =)) =))

Man, I may just have to look closer to this gathering.
    Contemplating the journey. 

Only 1000 miles to Salado and a lot of fun. And the before and after parties.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    BOY am I the slow one! I had no idea you were building these units! That is so cool!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

I'd give Fred a big wet kiss on the dome.
    Heck, now I really want to go!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Only 1000 miles to Salado and a lot of fun. And the before and after parties.
    1100 miles .... no way ... to far.
    1000 miles .... possibly ... Is there room at the Inn?

:))
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Forget the smoker that is one hell of a fork lift!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @cazzy - dude, SGH is gonna bring this beast out to the Salado fest.  Might knock over some eggs and picnic tables, but you need to be there!!!  It will be epic!
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Forget the smoker that is one hell of a fork lift!

It's for sale if you are interested.

Status- Standing by.