Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egret's Maple Bourbon Ham

Made my third Egret's Maple Bourbon Ham, came out better than ever.  Cooked it 250 F, indirect, platesetter legs up, on cast iron grate.
RobLarge BGE, Merritt Island, (Space Coast of Florida)

Boiler UP

Comments

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Looks very AWESOME !!!!!!

Will be doing a ham for Christmas....do you recommend this one over any others that You've tried ??????

Don't do bourbon....any suggestions on alternative substitutes (non-alcoholic) ??

Any other folks, please chime in as well.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• lantzwr
    lantzwr Posts: 229
    This is the only Ham I have ever cooked on the egg.  It's only two tablespoons of bourbon in the rub, you could probably just double up on the maple syrup and not use the bourbon.  I am sure it would taste fine.
    RobLarge BGE, Merritt Island, (Space Coast of Florida)

Boiler UP
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Thanks...I love me some ham !!!

I cooked one on my first cook for New Years Eve last year (Dec 2013). I used a lot of wood and being my very first cook...it turned out OK...but not Eggcellent. No fault of the eggs...just my newbyism !!!!

Thanks, I'll look up the recipe/instructions and go for it for Christmas...unless someone comes up with a "higher rated" suggestion.

Thanks again.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Very good cook
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TMay
    TMay Posts: 87
    I cooked my first ham on the egg this year, and it was fantastic..    I just took it out of the wrapper and put it on the raised direct grid cut side down.  My target temp for the egg was 250, but it took me an hour or so to get it to drop from 300.. It ended up cooking about 3 hours (ten pound shank end ham). My target internal temp to pull was supposed to be 140, but my maverick probe quit on me, and it ended up 165 when I pulled it. I FTC'd it and we ate it still hot 3 hours later, its was the juiciest and most flavorful ham I've made.
    Rowlett, Texas