Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

White thingy?

Just wonderin about those white clips that keep the hinge assembly closed during your initial egg assembly, should they also fit on after using the egg for awhile cause mine do not? I wanted to use them to get the hinge in its original position when aligning my dome due to a underbite but no way it wouldn't fit on? I know. Coulda used cable ties but u would think the clips would go back on right? Jamie.
Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Yes they should fit back on, but if they don't obviously you have an issue.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Yeah figured as much! I must say I'm not happy with the eggs hinge assembly nothin but trouble from the get go, it seals and cooks well but my oCD makes it a real pain when it isn't perfect. I've since learned to live with the reoccurring underbite.

• I got mine back on after I crashed my table and the dome popped out, however, I still have alignment issues so I'm not sure you're missing anything on that front.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited November 2014
    Zap straps if it will not fit on. Your egg must be really out of line to not allow the hinge lock to fit back on, and yes the BGE hinge assembly is a member of the Mickey Mouse club. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Zap straps if it will not fit on. Your egg must be really out of line to not allow the hinge lock to fit back on, and yes the BGE hinge assembly is a member of the Mickey Mouse club. 

I've got about a 1/4 inch underbite and I guess the white clips are about that much off due to that. On a positive note I hera a drum roll sound due to my good seal and I can maintain low and slow temps so I'm not working bout it no more!