Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spring assisted band question

Options

The lid to my XL has always been pretty heavy to open I just thought this was normal but I was checking out a new one today at a place here and I could lift the lid with one finger. Did some looking and the springs on my band may be the issue. One of the springs is "Sprung" and they are both smaller in wire diameter than the ones on the new one that I was looking at. So I went on a search for new springs in all the hardware and farm supply stores in town with no luck.

I have checked online and you cant just order the springs. The place I was shopping at said I would have to buy a new band for 200ish dollars. My question is. Does anyone know where I can buy the springs? Or maybe know the dimensions for the springs so I can order from a custom spring place?

Comments