Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boston Butt for Mom's 91st

Cooked a 7.5 lb Boston butt today for my mothers' 91st birthday.  Really pleased with this one.  Was on for a little over 7 hours.  Indirect with a drip pan on the plate setter.  Well covered with Dizzy Dust.  Pulled it when the lowest reading I could get with my BGE thermopen was 200 degrees.  Highest was 207.  Used Rockwood lump. Like the way it lights and burns.  Had to really cut down the air flow to keep it from getting too hot.

Foiled and toweled it for a couple of hours until meal time.  Man that was tough.  Ate a piece stuck to the grill and I almost opened that sucker up and pulled me off a hunk.  Umm,  lip smacking, finger licking good. At meal time, I pulled it into small hunks and we served it with large dinner rolls that could be used for sandwiches   I appreciate all the advice I got here on how to go about this cook.  Really simple and really good.

Pics follow, sorry, I didn't get any on the plate with everything else.  I couldn't wait to dig in.

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
   1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

Comments