Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Stuffed Smoked Chicken

Options

Any advice on cooking time and temp for a whole chicken stuffed with sweet Italian sausage?

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Whole chicken at 375 indirect will take about an hour. Always remember to cook to temperature and not time.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    You're going to have to get the center to a safe temp...165?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • puretexsun
    Options
    I forgot to mention I have deboned the chicken, thanks for advice please send more will start the smoke around 4:00 getting ready for Cowboys Giants.
  • puretexsun
    Options
    Whole deboned stuffed w/ sweet Italian sausage chicken absolutely excellent.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

Any advice on cooking time and temp for a whole chicken stuffed with sweet Italian sausage?

I debone and stuff chickens to the max with shrimp, crab, onion and rice and then sew them up. These take 1 hour and 20 minutes at 350-375 degrees. Again they are HEAVILY stuffed to say the least.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.