Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

board sauce suggestions needed

Family coming in for supper. We are planning on doing a 1/2 Costco standing rib roast. Going to dry brine for several hours, then slather with spiced mayo before going on the small. What I am looking for is a good board sauce to coat the ribs while resting. 
Thinking apple butter would be good....but opened to other suggestions.
Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• I like some oil, herbs and  about a tablespoon of Madagascar green peppercorns crushed in a mortar and pestle. Mix with the board drippings

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    APL has a board sauce that looks good but like most of his stuff looks time consuming.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    henapple said:

APL has a board sauce that looks good but like most of his stuff looks time consuming.

+1 on APL. It's worth reading his book. He's big on layering flavors throughout a cook. More work than I care to do, but his recipes are well thought out and you can use bits and pieces / simplify for your own needs.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • If it was a pork rib roast, I'd be all over the apple butter (some onions and apple slices in it as well). For beef, I'm in the LS camp of oil mixed with some herbs and fresh crushed pepper corns (never used green ones - just simple Tellicherry blacks at our house)

Don't drop the herbs into the oil too soon, have found 20-30 minutes seems to provide the best flavour, which fits into your rest period. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!