Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max in Central Texas

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited November 2014 in EggHead Forum
Just picked it up. Finally got to Salado. . Wanted to see the difference in grid and fire grate vs Mini. Will put togather and try it out. imageimageimage
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Standing by for your thoughts my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Awesome @Mickey and congrats! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Mickey
    Options
    SGH said:

Will be w/o beans and rice buddy.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Justacookin
    Options
    Thanks for the pictures Mickey, went in Ace this morning they have not heard when they will have mine but think soon.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Thanks for the pictures Mickey, went in Ace this morning they have not heard when they will have mine but think soon.

This was Ace as well.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options

"Will be w/o beans and rice buddy."

Exactly.  They may allow that "just this side of Biloxi", but In Texas, I think you would be charged with "Befouling chili in the first degree".

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Congrats Micky, standing by with @SGH

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Mickey
    Options
    Foghorn said:

"Will be w/o beans and rice buddy."

Exactly.  They may allow that "just this side of Biloxi", but In Texas, I think you would be charged with "Befouling chili in the first degree".

Which calls for: Get A Rope in Texas.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    It's a good thing you are the sheriff of Salado so you can keep these boys out of trouble when they visit.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JRWhitee
    Options
    @Micky
    I have a dialog going with Tom at CGS I told him we should see what you think regarding a woo for the Mini Max. Mine for the small was too tall so I sold it with the small egg and want to purchase one for the Max. Thanks.

Jim

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Mickey
    Options

• SGH
    Options
    Mickey said:
    SGH said:

Will be w/o beans and rice buddy.

I have heard it from a very reliable source that you actually do use beans and just don't wont to admit to it ;) Just messing with you brother. Looking at the photo, the MM working parts should be interchangeable with the small egg and Kamado Joe Jr. or so it appears.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    @Micky
    I have a dialog going with Tom at CGS I told him we should see what you think regarding a woo for the Mini Max. Mine for the small was too tall so I sold it with the small egg and want to purchase one for the Max. Thanks.

Jim

I had just emailed him the pics. Thanks

• SGH
    Options
    What seems to be the "average" price for the MM? Haven't heard to many folks say. Just curious as I'm considering one myself.

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Options
    The numbers I have seen are retail of $598 to pre-sale of $495 on the different forums @SGH.

• SGH
    Options
    @Mickey- When you have had ample time to use the the MM, I would love to hear your thoughts on the MM vs the mini.

Status- Standing by.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I like the carrier with handles. Wish the mini nest came with handles like that.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • tcampbell
    Options
    Its a nice little egg and the handles are nice too.It is easier to move than the small but its all one man wants to carry.It sits in the nest low so that makes it nice for a tailgate r table.The max gets up to heat faster than my small and gets hotter other than that unless your wanting it to carry places its no better than the mini r small.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    What seems to be the "average" price for the MM? Haven't heard to many folks say. Just curious as I'm considering one myself. 
    I was at my dealer in metro Atlanta buying lump yesterday and they had the mini - $599 including platesetter, ash tool, starters and 20lb bag 

New Albany, Ohio 

• Mickey
    Options
    @THEBuckeye‌ I have seen on different forums from BGE Retail of $598 to someone saying they got a pre-order price of $495. As well as someone said dealer was asking $7??. Lots of prices.

• JRWhitee
    Options
    I was at my dealer in metro Atlanta buying lump yesterday and they had the mini - $599 including platesetter, ash tool, starters and 20lb bag 

Anywhere between 495 and 595.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Nice. Your Mini is gonna be pissed though.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Justacookin
    Options
    Minnesota paid 692 with the PS. Still waiting.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • JRWhitee
    Options

Call Gary at Roswell Hardware and see what he is selling them for, he was the cheapest around here.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Mickey
    Options
    All ready for Thanksgiving image

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Awesome ^^^^ Mickey! :)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    Looks like you're all settled and ready to go. Sweet set up you got there.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• tbst
    tbst Posts: 43
    Options
    I can't to assemble mine. My dealer wants $649 bare bones. I don't know how I can justify it with the KJ out there. Congrats.
  • Mickey
    Options
    tbst said:
    I can't to assemble mine. My dealer wants $649 bare bones. I don't know how I can justify it with the KJ out there. Congrats.

Assembly not hard at all, I am not a handy person. That said I always do my own assembly, I care a hell of a lot more than most others would about my Egg. Yes, I have to unscrew several times and turn over to rescrew.

• Mickey
    Options
    Has a cool place to hold tongs. image