Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This going to sound like a waste of a big green egg....

Mud Pig
Mud Pig Posts: 489
edited November 2014 in EggHead Forum
But has any other egghead besides me thought about picking up a mini big green egg for a cool display on your desk at work? I currently have a scale model of a classic truck I once owned and see different things on people's desk that represent the things they love. Whether it be a model car, airplane, a momentous of a trip, why not a mini big green egg?

Not a bad way to salute my XL and all the good eats its given my family and friends.

MP

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Unless you're egging, yes. You've got the $...sure
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • I don't have the pic anymore but some fellow eggheads bought me a mini. I got home and it was full of flowers. My wife left a note saying that "your egghead friends are wonderful! They sent me this beautiful planter" She also did the face on my medium avatar pic. :((

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I mean I guess that would be cool. I don't think I could own one without cooking on it though....
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Yeah. It's a cool idea. If you've got the money to burn.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited November 2014
    Mud Pig said:
    But has any other egghead besides me thought about picking up a mini big green egg for a cool display on your desk at work?. . .

Your idea is . . . clever.   =D>

As an alternative, may I suggest?: 

http://www.givewell.org/?gclid=CJalmbrx-MECFSqCMgod3U8AGg

:)>-  Just a thought, MP.  Just a thought.   :)>-

B-)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    @Mud Pig‌ The reason it sounds like it would be a waste, is because, it would be a waste.
    It is however an interesting thought.

"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Jeremiah
    I once knew a guy that had a complete vintage radial airplane engine with a glass top for a table. He paid something like $20,000 for it.

If you want to put a $400 egg on your desk that's your business. :D
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Jeremiah said:
    I once knew a guy that had a complete vintage radial airplane engine with a glass top for a table. He paid something like $20,000 for it. If you want to put a $400 egg on your desk that's your business. :D

@Jeremiah:  You are 100% correct.

You earn it, you burn it.

B-)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    I would get the Mini, take a picture, print the picture and put in a frame, and put the picture and the frame on my desk. $20 max.

A Mini is a terrible thing to waste.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    edited November 2014
    You will need a very powerful exhaust fan! Could also double as an ice bucket or champagne bucket for office parties.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    The sell a desk top egg as a business card holder, I have one at my office and will post a photo of it tomorrow.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Jeremiah
    JRWhitee said:

The sell a desk top egg as a business card holder, I have one at my office and will post a photo of it tomorrow.

Please do. That sounds really cool
  • I have one of the citronella candles on my desk...
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    An ostrich egg and a can of green spray paint.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Cook on the Mini. Get the S/P Shakers for your desk.
  • I think we still have a couple of the desk top models around the warehouse to sell. About 10" high and run $69.99. These are not sold any longer. I can post a pic if no one else does. Email me if you want to buy and pay shipping.  

As mentioned the candle or shakers look cool as well.

bge@EggsbytheBay.com

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• JRWhitee
    I think we still have a couple of the desk top models around the warehouse to sell. About 10" high and run $69.99. These are not sold any longer. I can post a pic if no one else does. Email me if you want to buy and pay shipping.  

As mentioned the candle or shakers look cool as well.

bge@EggsbytheBay.com
    My son got me one of those when I got my egg, I will post a photo tomorrow.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • I have a mini with a broken bolt that has been sitting in my shed for a very long time.  I think I may just have to take it to work and put it on the desk.  Why not, I have a Weber kettle and a WSM in the IT storage closet, people cant think that I could get any weirder.  They love the benefits though.
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    SMITTYtheSMOKER I would be interested in on of the desktop models.
  • I burned out all of the citronella wax out of the candle and have the ceramic container on my deck. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I've heard the business card holder can be used to grill a single burger.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    It would be on your desk a couple of days, then you would realize you could have burgers for lunch.  Quick trip to the store for some burgers, lump, starters...and you are cooking in the parking lot of your office.  Now that it smells like smoke and food, you may not want it on your desk...but hey...you have a mini!  I say go for it. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• There is or was a mini mini egg at one time. It was about 6" tall and was functional. It was only big enough for a couple of marshmallows. 

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    If you have the money, cheers to ya. I just picked up a mini and I don't think it'd take long before you threw some charcoal in it and realized what a great little cooking machine it is. Either way, you'll have the coolest desk ornament OR a nice cooker to compliment your XL.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    I'd go with a citronella candle and string up the egg lights during the Holidays. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• JRWhitee
    Super Mini Green Egg, large enough to cook one half pound hamburger.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @Mud Pig- Brother if they ever made the mistake of letting me have a mini on my desk, my office would smell like Franklins BBQ. I could not resist, I would fire that bad boy up right there on the desk and get to cooking. Just saying.........

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• It's worth whatever it's worth to you to have.  People will pay thousands for a $2 baseball with scribbles on it. I'll pay good $$$ for Rolling Stones memorabilia which is worthless to others.  It's all about what makes you happy.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA